Tuesday 9 June 2015

"Sweet Babies" Themed Baby Shower

I was recently presented with the task to design invitations and decorations for my two friends who were to have a joint baby shower in celebration of the pending arrival of their babies (which are due just one month apart)! I was honoured to be asked to play such a role in the party preparations for such close friends, and as expected I had so much fun with this project and loved the designing and then creation of all the decorations for this special party! :)

We decided to go for a "Sweet Babies" theme as one friend did not know the gender of her baby so they did not want a "gender" specific theme for the party.


Here are a few photos from the party! 


Below is a sample of the invitation designed, and now available in store (click here).
As you can see in the picture the Sweet theme played the central role for the invitation with classic Gum Ball machine and large colourful sweets and lollipops.




I designed a Facebook and Instagram inspired photo prop which was personalised with details of the party, photo of the mummies to be and also included a thank you message, this photo prop received lots of attention and comments and was a quick pick up item for the guests to use and have fun with. Other photo props created for guests to have fun which included baby bottles, rattles, pacifier, onesies and more..

Love these photo props such a fun addition to the party! :) 




For the decorations I designed a "Sweet Babies" large banner and co-ordinating cupcake wrappers, cupcake toppers, matching bunting and candy themed table centre pieces.








With the sweet theme being the main focus of the party decor I decided to make and include giant lollipops and candy.  I was surprised how simple they were to make and the effectiveness of this item.  The lollipop were made by using giant punch balloons which I covered in cellophane, I used a white PVC tubing for the "stick" of the lollipop and fastened together with cellotape.





This theme was such a fun creating, designing and being part of at the party.

I hope you enjoy looking at the photos and details as much as I did planning and creating and hope you see something to maybe give you inspiration for your own event. :)





Have you used any of my printables for your parties?

I would love to see your party pictures and share on my blog!  


Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! 

WENDY 

No comments:

Post a Comment